Second CRC was launched in 1938 out of First CRC (located 6 miles northwest) to serve the village of Randolph and the surrounding area. The first service was held on February 28 of that year in the sanctuary of the Methodist Church. A building was erected at the corner of Hammond and Clark streets the following year. The church soon outgrew that facility and began building two blocks south on Tamarack Street. The facility on Tamarack was dedicated in 1951 and continues to serve the congregation.
In 2013 Second CRC celebrated its 75th anniversary. As we look back, evidence of God’s faithfulness abounds: in children touched through VBS, in the work of missionaries sent nearby and oversees, in the fellowship between generations, in fruitful ministry, engaging worship, and people living out their faith in everyday life. Our Lord Jesus Christ continues to be our “strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.”